Our trained and experienced Volunteer Counsellors do a great job of supporting our clients. Through their commitment to The Junction we are able to offer more sessions, over more time slots, over more days; as we do our best to keep our waiting list a short as possible.
Volunteer Counsellor clinical supervision is provided by The Junction’s Senior Counsellor, a BACP accredited person-centred counsellor, qualified in supervision from an integrative and transpersonal perspective. Additional support is provided by The Junction’s Volunteer Organiser, as well the opportunity to participate in Good Practise Sessions.
To be considered for a Volunteer Counsellor placement at the Junction you must:
- be prepared to commit to at least one year at the Junction
- have completed at least 40 hours of personal therapy in the last three years
- be able and willing to access own personal support e.g. therapy – if needed
- have experience of working with young people and an understanding of the issues they face
- be a member of the BACP and work to its ethical framework
- have enrolled in or completed at least a diploma in counselling
- provide your own professional indemnity insurance.
- satisfactorily complete a PVG check
- be able to commit to working weekly sessions, at a times to be agreed with the Senior Counsellor
What our Volunteers Say!
"… not only did volunteering here give me counselling experience, but also a chance to work with and learn about a multi-disciplinary agency, group this sector of youth work, supervision…"
"…volunteering here has given me 'proven experience' in counselling young people and the kind of immersion in this work that I wanted to have before looking for employment."